D3 is a powerful library for creating data visualizations for the web. With it, you can create compelling visual presentations of your data while writing relatively little code.
In combination with AngularJS, the two can be used to create highly sophisticated, dynamic and interactive data visualizations.
The book covers an introduction to D3, addressing its major concepts and features, as well as how to integrate D3 with AngularJS to make reusable, configurable, and dynamic visualizations. An emphasis is placed on screenshots and live code examples linked to from within the text.
But don’t just take our word for it. Have a look at some of the examples the authors have created utilizing the combination of D3 and AngularJS.
- Visual explanation of conditional probability
- Visual walk through of Euclid’s proof of the Pythagorean theorem
- Visual explanation of Simpson’s paradox
- How the drought is shrinking California’s reservoirs
Table of Contents
- Spelling & grammar contributions
- Introducing D3. A simple example
- Selections and data binding
- SVG basics
- Array helpers
- Animation and interaction
- Data Parsing and Formatting
- What next?
- Intro to Angular
- Directives for reusable visualizations
- Dynamic visualizations
- Getting data into and out of directives
- Best practices for creating reusable visualizations