Node.js makes it far easier to create fast, compact, and reliable web/network applications and web servers, and is rapidly becoming indispensable to modern web developers.
You’ll start by installing and running Node.js, understanding the extensions it uses, and quickly writing your first app. Next, building on the basics, you’ll write more capable application servers and extend them with today’s most powerful Node.js tools and modules. Finally, you’ll discover today’s best practices for testing, running Node.js code on production servers, and writing command-line utilities.
- Master Node.js nonblocking IO and async programming
- Handle more requests and increase your application’s flexibility
- Use and write your own modules
- Perform common JSON/web server tasks
- Use browsers to generate pages on the fly via Ajax calls and template libraries
- Simplify development with the express framework
- Create database back-ends using popular NoSQL and relational databases
- Deploy and run Node.js apps on Unix/OS X or Windows servers
- Take advantage of multiprocessor hardware
- Support virtual hosts and SSL/HTTPS security
- Test Node.js programs that mix synchronous, async, and RESTful server API functionality
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART I – LEARNING TO WALK
Chapter 1. Getting Started
Chapter 3. Asynchronous Programming
PART II – LEARNING TO RUN
Chapter 4. Writing Simple Applications
Chapter 5. Modules
Chapter 6. Expanding Your Web Server
PART III – WRITING WEB APPLICATIONS
Chapter 7. Building Web Applications with Express
Chapter 8. Databases I: NoSQL (MongoDB)
Chapter 9. Databases II: SQL (MySQL)
PART IV – GETTING THE MOST OUT OF NODE.JS
Chapter 10. Deployment and Development
Chapter 11. Command-Line Programming
Chapter 12. Testing
You have to attribute CreativeAlys for free design resources you download from this website.
Design by creativealys.com
Copy the above line and paste it in a visible place, close to where you’re using the design resource.