This is a great beginner’s book that introduces several crucial web developer languages. It’s a quick-paced, easy-to-read, information-packed book that will soon have you creating dynamically driven web sites, including a basic social networking site.
Explore each technology separately and learn how to use them together—and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site.
- Learn PHP essentials and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Discover MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that integrate forms and other HTML features
- Manage cookies and sessions, and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls to turn your website into a highly dynamic environment
- Pick up CSS basics for formatting and styling your pages
- Learn HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and canvas
- Get up to speed on all of today’s main web development technologies