“Responsive Web Design with jQuery” is a practical learning guide focused on saving your development time using the useful jQuery plugins made by the frontend community. Learn to design and augment a responsive web design with HTML5 and CSS3.
It helps you implement the concept of responsive web design in clear, gradual, and consistent steps, demonstrating each solution, and driving you to practice it and avoid common mistakes.
You will learn how to build a responsive website; right from its structure, conception, and adapting it to screen device width. We will also take a look at different types of menu navigation and how to convert text, images, and tables so as as to display them graciously on different devices. Features such as the carousel slider and form elements will also be covered, including the testing phase and the measures to create correct fallbacks for old browsers.
With “Responsive Web Design with jQuery”, you will learn to create responsive websites quickly by using CSS3 and the incredible jQuery plugins. You will also learn to save your time by tailoring solutions created and tested by the community.
What you will learn:
- Design responsive layouts for Grid systems
- Analyze and choose the correct responsive menu navigation
- Implement a mechanism to display the right image depending on the device requesting it
- Use working designs and their code after tailoring them to your needs
- Optimize your tables to display their information better
- Implement responsive form elements
- Build a responsive carousel slider including a touch function
- Test your site thoroughly
Chapter 1. Exploring Responsive Web Design
Chapter 2. Designing Responsive Layouts/Grids
Chapter 3. Building Responsive Navigation Menu
Chapter 4. Designing Responsive Text
Chapter 5. Preparing Images and Videos
Chapter 6. Building Responsive Image Sliders
Chapter 7. Designing Responsive Tables
Chapter 8. Implementing Responsive Forms
Chapter 9. Testing the Responsiveness
Chapter 10. Ensuring Browser Support
Chapter 11. Useful Responsive Plugins
Chapter 12. Improving Website Performance